Sunday, July 26, 2009

California Fish Grill

California Fish Grill

If you want quick good food come here. The fast service is wonderous. The food is all appropriately spiced and cooked. Nothing over done and nothing under done. The tacos may be a little bit to “green” if you know what I mean if I ask for shrimp tacos I want more shrimp not so much greens (which was delish!) Every thing else is wonderful!

The atmosphere is indistinct except it is very kid friendly.There is also a lot of kids. My mama was very satisfied with her ahi tuna salad and my baba thought that the spice and butter obscured the taste so he could not tell if it was high quality swordfish or not. In all this is a moderately good restaurant. Open from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm from monday to sunday.

The outdoor seating area has a great view -- of a parking lot!

3988 Barranca Park Way
Phone 949-654-3838
Irvine CA 92606
Fax 949-654-3858

Kid friendly☺☺☺☺

quality ψψψψ

Author: Leo Krapp

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, and the blog. Glad to hear about a new restaurant that I didn't know about. looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the restaurant tip. Maybe we can eat there with you one of these days! It sounds ... "delish."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoyed the fish tacos at the California Fish Grill. I haven't tried the tuna but it sounds like I would like it next time. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leo,
    What a great idea for a blog! You're a very good writer, and you're making me hungry. I'd like to recommend some local restaurants to you that have good kids meals (in my opinion): Taco Rosa, I Love Sushi and Veggie Grill. Have you been to any of those? If you ever go to The Counter, I'd love to hear what you think. It sounds like a cool place. I'm looking forward to your next post. --Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! Along with the address, could you also list the cross-streets so we know what part of town that address is? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great recommendation, Leo. I used to bring their fish tacos home from their Gardena restaurant, and Sam and Graham loved them. If you haven't tried them yet, I recommend the batter fried ones...Baja style (just scrape off some of the cabbage if they're too green for you!). I'll have to take the boys there. We should all go together some time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Le,

    Nicely done review. How about Chef Chen? Do you only review places right after you visit them?

    P.S. Tell your baba he shouldn't be eating swordfish in the first place; the population is in big trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leo,
    I'm very excited for you and your blog! Ruby doesn't yet like restaurants, but when she does, we'll be checking in with Leo Eats Out!

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leo says:

    Thanks Deborah for the I Love Sushi idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leo says,

    My mom tells me that the California Fish Grill is in the parking lot of the former Mervyn's on Culver and Barranca.

    I will be reviewing Chef Chen soon. Thanks for reminding me of that great place!

    ReplyDelete