Thursday, July 30, 2009

xiao long bao and more!

Din Tai Fung is a great restaurant for Shanghainese cuisine. In Shanghai, it wasn't so kid friendly. There weren't a lot of kids and you didn't hear the babies crying and kids playing like you could in another Chinese restaurant.

Xiao long bao (shal lung baul) is Din Tai Fung's speciality. They are dumplings with different kinds of soups and meat inside. To eat it, first you take a little bite and suck the hot juice out. Then pop it in your mouth and taste the rainbow of flavors. The American branch is in Arcadia. For dessert, there are black sesame buns and red bean dumplings. The New York Times listed it as one of the ten best restaurants in the world!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Leo! I hold your opinion higher than I do any newspaper, even my favorite: The New York Times! I especially like the way you describe how the food tastes. It makes me want to hop in the car and go there straight away! --Elaine (Fergus' Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch for my review of chef chen -- Leo

    ReplyDelete