Sunday, August 16, 2009

crispy shrimp,beef sandwiches what else?

Chef Chen is a good Chinese restaurant  located in Irvine in a mini mall on Jeffrey and Walnut. (5408 Walnut, near the 99 Ranch). Their top dishes are the 5 spice crispy shrimp and the chinese style beef sandwiches. The braised tofu I expected to be good like the other tofu dishes I had but unfortunately it  was too bland. The restaurant in its self has a moderatly warm atmosphere although there are not many children. The bitter melon is a little bit too bitter, but the green beans and meat were delicious. The soup was that we had was a little bit bland and the wontons were nothing special. The hand made potstickers were crunchy and had pork inside. They were delicious. My parents were not satisfied but I still think its the best chinese restaurant in Irvine. Chef Chen is moderately priced!


Kid friendly☺☺☺

quality ψψψψ
ψ

4 comments:

  1. While I agree with most of what you write Leo, I did find our last trip to Chef Chen disappointing. I used to think they did Sichuan Cuisine with a Taiwanese twist perfectly, but now I'm not so sure. I think we should try some of the other dishes....like lamb and home made noodles and we haven't really sampled the hotpot dishes, but they aren't really great for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what next crab cooker or pinos bistro mama?

    ReplyDelete
  3. leo, I'm going to send you an email because communicating through comments with you is STRANGE! Pina's Bistro sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. after that we do italian for sure

    ReplyDelete